If you are fleeing the war in Ukraine and coming to the European Union, you will find key information about your rights with regard to crossing the border into an EU country, eligibility for temporary protection as well as applying for international protection, on the EU's special information webpage.
If you are fleeing the war in Ukraine and coming to the European Union, you will find key information on the EU Commission's special Information for people fleeing the war in Ukraine webpage about:
- your rights regarding crossing the EU border
- eligibility for temporary protection and applying for international protection
- rights of travel inside the European Union
If you are fleeing the war in Ukraine, you should be eligible for temporary protection. Temporary protection gives you the following rights:
- residency rights
- access to housing
- social welfare assistance
- medical care
- legal guardianship and safe placement for unaccompanied children and teenagers
- access to education for children and teenagers
- access to the labour market (subject to EU countries’ labour market policies)
- right to a payment account with basic features
Visit the Information for people fleeing the war in Ukraine webpage to understand better what you need to do to receive temporary protection.